24 Shelled, deveined shrimp
2 T EVOO
1 t Red pepper flakes
2 Large garlic cloves, smashed but not chopped
½ t Kosher salt
2 T Finely minced garlic
2 T Evoo
⅓ C Dry white wine
2-3 T Unsalted butter
Toasted bread crumbs
1 lb. long pasta (spaghetti, etc.)
1. In a bowl, marinate shrimp in EVOO, red pepper, salt and smashed garlic for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
2. In a small saucepan, “poach” minced garlic in EVOO for approximately 2 minutes. Don’t let the garlic color. Add wine, and continue to simmer.
3. Drain EVOO from marinade into a large skillet. You can add a bit more EVOO if skillet appears dry. Heat skillet on medium. Add shrimp in one layer. Cook gently for approximately 1 minute, or until underside is just pink. Turn each shrimp over. Add reserved garlic sauce.
4. Before cooking shrimp, cook pasta in boiling salted water to desired texture. Drain, reserving 1 C pasta water.
5. Add parsley and butter to shrimp. If you’re feeling wild, you can add another T of butter. When the butter is just melted, toss shrimp with pasta. If it appears dry, add 1-2 T pasta water. Top with breadcrumbs. You can also add a bit more chopped parsley.